Most of the articles, and even some of the metadata in articles+ are restricted to current Stanford faculty, staff, students, and approved affiliates only.
On campus, and on the Stanford secure network
- You should be able to see and link to most articles+ content.
- You may be asked to log in (with your SUNet ID) to access articles from some content providers (this is contract-based).
On campus, but on Stanford Visitor network or eduroam
- You will be in "guest mode". Some titles in the results will be hidden with this message: "This title is not available for guests. Log in to see the title and access the article."
- If you have a SUNet ID with access privileges, log in to see all content.
- You'll be in "guest mode" with some titles hidden. Log in to SearchWorks to see all articles+ content.
Off campus, on VPN
- You'll still be in "guest mode" for articles+. Log in to SearchWorks to see all articles+ content.
What about browser configuration and proxy?
For detailed information, see Connecting to e-resources.
In simple terms:
- You do not need to configure your browser to connect to resources linked in SearchWorks articles+.
- Some e-resources in SearchWorks catalog may still require browser configuration; these will gradually be transitioned to the new, simpler style.