Wayfinders for our collections, tools, and services
Globus Quick-Start: Transfer data to/from personal endpoint
Transfer data to/from personal endpoint
1. Make sure that Globus Connect Personal is running. An icon in the menu bar will indicate whether the software is running.
2. Link to the Guest Collection and click “Transfer or Sync to…”
3. A new panel will open on the right side of the screen. Click “Search.”
4. Search for and select your Personal Endpoint.
5. Navigate to or type in the appropriate directory on your personal endpoint. For more information about configuring your endpoint, see Globus @ Stanford (scroll to “Configure your Endpoint” and “Add Allowed Paths”).
6. (Optional) Click to expand “Transfer & Timer Options," and set preferred transfer settings and/or schedule the transfer for later.
7. Highlight the files of interest, either on the Guest Collection or your Personal Endpoint. Click the "Start" button underneath the panel with the selected files. This will initiate the transfer.
8. You can periodically check the status of your transfer on the web application's “Activity” monitor. Click the right-most arrow of a given job for the full transfer history.
9. You will receive a confirmation email when the transfer completes.